Training & Consultancy Services
INTACS H&S Measures
In order to do our best to protect the Health & Safety of visitors to our Training Centre & to look after the health & wellbeing of our own staff, the following measures are being put in place ready for the re-opening of the Training Centre on Monday 6th July.
- High-risk employees will not return to work until it is deemed safe to do so.
- Those who develop or exhibit COVID symptoms will be told to return home & follow official government advice.
- Staff & training course delegates will be temperature checked on arrival at the Training Centre.
- No more than 3 courses (typically only 2 courses) will run in the Training Centre at any one time. Since the Training Centre is a large building (approaching 600 sq metres over 2 floors) there is plenty of room for both visitors & our own staff to socially distance.
- Social distancing measures have been implemented throughout the Training Centre with one way systems marked on the floors. Visitors will enter the building through the main front door & will leave via the rear door.
- Delegates attending courses should ensure they have their own PPE as would be available normally at work. To ensure hand / glove size is adequate & material suitable for individual skin types & that any specific company standards / requirements are met, delegates attending our courses are advised to have their own PPE that they & their company are happiest with. Gloves, masks & sanitising gel will also be available throughout the building for use in an emergency or as required.
- Course start / finish times will be staggered to minimise traffic in any communal or corridor areas.
- During the working day, toilet / refreshment breaks will also be staggered to reduce interaction between courses.
- Training course materials which delegates will use during their course will be prepared under controlled conditions to minimise any contamination.
- The different courses (& therefore groups of delegates) will be allocated their own 15 minute course pre-start window of time during which to arrive both in the morning & after lunch. Delegates will be encouraged to only arrive within the 15 minute course pre-start window for their course to grab a tea / coffee before the day begins. Different courses will have different course pre-start windows to minimise interaction between training classes.
- Instructors will meet their training group in the Coffee Lounge at the start of each session during the day to ensure orderly conduct & to check that the rules on safety are working.
- Refreshment & toilet facilities are available off the Coffee Lounge. Tea / Coffee facilities will be monitored & regularly sanitised. The large Coffee Lounge will be sectioned off into separate areas for the different groups to keep apart but delegates will be encouraged to take some fresh air outside of the building or even sit in their cars where possible. The 2 toilet areas off the Coffee Lounge will be arranged such that users can still meet social distancing rules.
- Class sizes have been reduced from a maximum of 12 delegates attending a course down to individual class sizes limited to typically only 4 or 6 delegates where classroom space permits & individual training rigs are available.
- To ensure social distancing, sharing of any equipment will be kept to an absolute minimum & will be sanitised between usage.
- There are plenty of windows in the building so adequate ventilation should not be a problem.
- On courses where PCs / laptops are used, wherever possible, the Instructor will be able to access delegate screens remotely in order to resolve problems in order to maintain social distancing. Where this is not possible, “safer” alternative measures will be required & implemented appropriate to the specific situation.
- Light buffet lunches are normally supplied for delegates attending training. However, at this time, we are unable to ensure a reliable supply which we can guarantee would meet the required H&S standards so the provision of delegate lunches has had to be suspended until the COVID-19 situation improves. The Training Centre is located well within walking distance of the town centre & corner shops, a garage & a “chippy” are all within 2 – 3 minutes walk.
- A thorough daily schedule of cleaning will be implemented including common areas (inc. door handles, stair rails, etc) & desks, chair-arms, training rigs / laptops will be wiped down regularly.
These measures will be discussed & agreed with all staff who will be responsible to ensure that our visitors are able to follow & comply with the spirit of the rules.
A statement of the above measures will be displayed prominently around the Training Centre & explained to training course delegates at the beginning of each course.
The ability to provide effective on-site training for our clients is important. Companies will have their own COVID-19 H&S measures which our Instructors & we will have to work within. For some courses where, over the years, working with a “buddy” (i.e. the use of some shared equipment) has proven to be very beneficial, this may have to be temporarily curtailed with some courses only able to run with reduced course numbers until the social distancing measures can be relaxed. The amount of equipment otherwise required & indeed the safe & efficient transportation of the equipment are both issues to be considered.
As a responsible business, INTACS will continue to monitor official government advice & these measures will be regularly reviewed & updated where necessary as the situation evolves.
industrial control systems' training & support - standard, customised & on-site
Industrial Electrics & process instrumentation - approved by leading manufacturers
with high quality & meaningful training solutions at competitive prices
Industrial Training Centre
Harrowden Road, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, NN8 5BJ
Fax +44 (0)1933 229744
Copyright © INTACS 2020